Tuesday 16 April 2013

I actually made this tee before Christmas, but it was never the weather to photograph it whenever I remembered about it... 


It was created by dragging a paintbrush dipped in diluted bleach solution over the fabric in horizontal stripes. I love how the pink works against the grey and the scruffy uneven lines.

The t-shirt is available on Etsy. I wanted to experiment a bit with the photographs because mine aren't the best. They still aren't fantastic, but they are a pretty vast improvement! It's difficult to find a setting.

This reminded me also that I purchased freezer paper whilst in the USA. It can be used to make stencils for bleaching shirts. So far, all my designs have been created by freehand painting. With the weather warming up, I'll have to get outside and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment